Friday, October 2, 2015

Shutter Speed

Fast Shutter Speed

Slow Shutter Speed

1. If I was assigned to Bulldogs and Hotdogs and it was in the morning when there was lots of light I would...

a.) I would set the shutter speed at a relatively slow speed. Since there isn't a lot of action going on and there's good lighting I wouldn't need to use a fast shutter speed.

f.) I would set the shutter speed at a faster speed. There's action in the picture, and I'd rather capture the moment than show motion. 

If it was night and there wasn't as good lighting I would...

c.) I would set the shutter speed at a faster speed. When the dancers are dancing you want to be able to see their moves without blur. 

d.) I would set the shutter speed in the middle, not too fast and not too slow. The lighting isn't as good, so you can't have a really fast shutter speed because then it would be too dark. You don't want a slow shutter speed for this either because then the students dancing would be blurry.

2. The three modes a camera has regarding shutter speed are "Aperture Priority," "Shutter Priority" and "Manual." In "Aperture Priority" mode, the photographer sets the aperture and the camera automatically sets the shutter speed. In "Shutter Priority" mode, the photographer sets the shutter speed and the camera automatically sets the aperture. In "Manual," the photographer is in control of all the settings and can change them however they want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment