Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Unusual and Interesting Photos

Part One


1. I wasn't a huge fan of Christian Rhum's photos.  I liked his creativity and his new ideas, but I didn't like the "wobbly" images. I think the impact the buildings have was lost. You couldn't see the details of the buildings, and I think it would have had more impact if you would have just shot them at an angle using simplicity.

2. I think he used a long exposure to take these photos. He slowed down the shutter speed and slowly moved the camera while it was taking the picture of the building. He either did this, or he developed the different pictures on top of each other to achieve the effect he was looking for.

3. I would like to try to take a picture like this on the Empire State building in New York. Since it's in New York though, I don't have access to take that picture. A place that I'd have a better chance of being able to shoot would be the UT Tower or the Austin Capital downtown. 

Part Three

1. I think the three most important things photographers should remember when shooting are to take a picture that shows perspective, story telling through facial expressions and to never stop looking for the right angle. 

"Hand with reflecting sphere" M.C. Escher


4. I believe the photographer followed all of the suggestions. The photographer took a photo of a reflection, himself and it shows perspective. The only thing that he didn't do was take a photo of his hand, instead he took it of his feet.

5. The two most influencing pictures to me are "Nighthawks" by Edward Hopper and "Poppy" by Georgia O'Keeffe. I like how Edward Hopper's showed the quiet moments instead of the hectic action shots. I think that's something I could incorporate into my photography. I also liked how Georgia O'Keeffe showed a close up of the flower. She filled the frame with the flower without crowding the image. This is also something I will begin to think about when I take photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment