Tuesday, April 26, 2016

iMovie Preview

1. iMovie is a very simple editing program that is mainly dragging and dropping. To add a video or a photo, you just choose the clips you want and press play to preview them. You can trim your clips by highlighting the clips and dragging where you want the clip to start or stop. In order to get rid of a clip, just highlight it and click delete. 
There are many things you can do within iMovie including adding titles and effects. Titles can be added by going to the editing button and clicking on "Titles." From there you can choose the type of title, what it says, and how long it'll appear. There are also many different effects that can be utilized. To add an effect, go to the editing tab again and choose "Video FX." Here you can choose where to add the effect, what it'll do, and many more.

2. I already knew how to add, trim, and move around video clips and photos into iMovie. I also knew how to add text and title screens.

3. I didn't know how to add video effects to clips, and I didn't know that there were audio effects either.

4. I'm the most concerned for what my topic should be as of this point. I want something that's creative and abstract, but I also don't want it to be so abstract that the story is unable to be told. I also am worried for the narration because I want it to be more emotional in some way than just cooking or hanging out. I'm worried my narration will ruin the mood of the piece.

5. I'm confident that I'll have my photos done as soon as possible. I've had a lot of experience with iMovie also, so I feel like I'll be able to piece the video together relatively quick.

6. As of right now, I don't know the exact topic of my project. I do want it to be something that shows an emotional story. I have a few relatives going through some struggles right now that I might be able to shoot, but their stories won't be over by the time of the final. Another idea I had was getting my friend, who's a photographer, to shoot some photos and put them up as a mural in her room. 

No comments:

Post a Comment